A national contest to promote the best boat rental practices. After the Yacht of the Year contest, the Yachtsman of the Year, GlobeSailor stands side by side with the biggest players in the sailing industry to promote best practices, know-how and the expertise of professional operators. By valorising innovative and successful companies in the sector, the aim is also to give a positive impetus to the profession and to highlight yacht charter on the sailing and maritime tourism scene amongst the customers who want to rely on true labels of quality.
Participation in the competition is open to all charter operators or owners of minimum 8 habitable sailboats or catamarans in management and having at least one physical base location.These companies need to have a minimum of 3 financial years. A complete record for their participation will be sent on request.
3 categories of boat renters will be rewarded :
- Renters in metropolitan France
- Renters in DOM-TOM
- Renters from a destination at honour, this year Greece
For each category, many standards and services implemented by the professionals will be studied:
- Company profile (financial stability, turnover, number of employees, … )
- Quality and maintenance of the fleet (new models, equipment of the boats, .. )
- Services offered at the base
- Marketing et Customer Management (contract, price list, pictures, ... )
- Previous clients opinions
- Sustainable and eco-friendly orientation
In order to elect the renter of the year, the jury will be made of nautical experts.
The prize giving to the winners will be held at Paris Boat Show “Nautic de Paris”.