The Nautic Paddle (previously "Nautic SUP Paris Crossing") is the biggest Stand Up Paddle race in the world, gathering professionals and amateurs on the same starting line.
In 2017, 700 riders participated at the race. For this new edition, 800 riders will cross Paris on the Seine river in an amazing landscape!
This race is now an inescapable event of the French and International nautical universe, and its 9th edition will take place on Sunday 9th December 2018 in the morning.
2 courses are proposed to the riders:
- The Leisure course, which is approximately 11 kilometers long
- The Pro course, which is 13.5 kilometers long and which has an additional difficulty: a complete tour of the Estate and Saint-Louis islands!
The race will take place from the French National Library to the “Javel Bas” Dock.
This exceptional course will make the competitors pass under the most beautiful Parisian bridges, from Bercy to the Eiffel Tower!
In 2017 many novelties emerged:
- 100 more places were opened
- A new ranking in the Leisure Division was created: the “Junior Women Leisure” ranking (for women under 18) was added to the 3 other existing rankings of the category (Scratch Leisure, Women Leisure and Junior Leisure)
- Last year, there was a massive support for the Telethon at the Paris event. Indeed, a BIG SUP in the colours of the Telethon was at the heart of the biggest stand-up paddle in the world for the occasion. In order to support the sick and the parents of sick patients engaged in the battle against rare genetic diseases, online donations were possible via the Nautic SUP Paris Crossing page or directly on the Telethon stand.
Images of the former editions